The people of America are always on the move. They spend less time at home and more in transit. That’s why mobile billboard advertising has become more critical than ever before. They are the most effective means of getting your brand message out there and generating product or name recognition.
With that in mind, let’s unpack why a mobile billboard is the best way to capture your target audience’s attention, particularly in a city like Las Vegas!
Did You Know?
Popeye utilized mobile billboards for a PR activity and Celine used them to get the buzz going on social media!
Once installed, static billboards get no attention. That’s not the case for a mobile billboard. It is always under the watchful eye of technology for two reasons – safety and results. It is why mobile billboards make use of a fleet of latest techs like:
- A strategic routing system that is detailed turn-by-turn.
- GPS tracking that allows a team to monitor the route of the billboard.
- Every billboard has a tablet with an audio GPS.
- Alerts on speed and hard brakes to keep an eye on driver performance.
- Cameras on the side, rear, and in-cab to keep a record of events.
Moreover, before and after every trip, inspection is done through electronically submitted unit condition reports. It ensures that all maintenance problems are resolved swiftly.
An APN study conducted through brain scanning tech found that a moving ad “has a 45% higher peak exposure than stationary advertisements.” It means a mobile billboard is noticed faster and remains more memorable.
And once your audience reaches that high level of engagement with your brand, the memory is encoded even deeper. This, in turn, increases brand recall and brand salience.
Here are more reasons why mobile billboard advertising catches audience awareness:
- On the road, size matters. Mobile billboards are big enough to be visible to fast-moving vehicles or those far away. Plus, the double-sided billboards are so bright that they never fail to catch the eye.
- Mobile billboards have an impact that can’t be replicated with ads on tablets, smartphones, laptops, or any plasma screens.
- When placed on a busy intersection, they seize the attention of several targeted consumers without them doing anything! For instance, place a mobile billboard near a grocery store, and you can reach a specific demographic.
- When installed on an interstate, they are not crowded with competing media.
- People consider mobile billboard advertising less intrusive because they interfere during internet browsing.
Combine all these benefits with the fact that mobile billboards use multi-colored, 3D graphics, and special effects, and they become even more alluring.
As per Nielsen OOH Advertising Study, 2019 Edition, mobile billboard advertising has a high recall rate (how well a person remembers a brand). There are valid reasons for it.
- They are nontraditional. Therefore, more exciting, which makes them memorable.
- If you place a mobile billboard at the same location for some time, the factor of repetition comes in, making them unforgettable. Think of a person seeing your ad every time they drive to work.
- The best mobile billboards use LED, which makes them visible at night and during the day. They can even be optimized for different weather.
- Because mobile billboards can move around, you can take them where your target audience works, plays, and lives! It allows you to target a very small niche or advertise to a broader segment.
Another benefit of geo-conquesting is resonance. By placing a mobile billboard right where a person needs it to be, the message resonates more. Think: finding an ad for a new car while a person brings in their old one for repair.
Mobile billboards are often placed where static billboards are not a possibility. This has two perks. One, there is no competition from other adverts. Two, they become a welcome distraction for the viewers. Think of a bored person sitting on public transport or waiting for their bus.
And if you give the billboard a clean, bright, and bold design with a short and catchy message, then even better! Why? Because it offers optimal visibility and captivates the audience.
In a gist:
Mobile billboard advertising has become the trendiest avenue for promotion, especially in large cities like Las Vegas, in the past few years. They are unique. They are noticeable. And they capture attention without an iota of doubt.
So, what are you waiting for? Go hire a mobile billboard to advertise your brand, service, or product!